Tuesday 10 June 2008

Time of waiting – again!

Cheereo tutti!

In the last days, it seemed like my life would pass by in slow motion. Are you familiar with such situations? ;-)

You know, that you should make some important decisions, but you always postpone them. Not because you’re to lazy or as such, but you still hope the big deal will set in and for this reason, you postpone all other. Right know it’s exactly like what I find again in my small world.

But at least I made it the S.M.A.R.T. way… (More details some posts before)

I’ve been very specific (S.) and know exactly my deadline on the issue with the ‘big-deal’. –Till end of this month – I know from when on I can start with plan B and which partners will be involved.

I’ve also been very keen in setting goals with milestones! (M. = Measurable + A. = Attainable)

Insofar I’ve set any of these goals in a realistic (R.) way. On the one hand I’ve got this ‘big-deal’ to work as a Head of International Projects for/with a start-up company that just started. But if this won’t work out, I can start (plan B) on the other hand as a Sales Director for a company, which is already very unshaken with their position in the market and already exists since more than twenty years! –I guess this includes also ‘tangible’ (T.) ;-)

So here again, in the moment nothing else is left over than waiting… waiting and hoping – but not naive hoping! =)

Harry, be patient!

Today’s motto: Consuetudo quasi altera natura! (Habits are the humans second nature) Cicero

2 comments:

JoviN said...

I also know a S.M.A.R.T. goal; similar to yours it needs to be:
Specific: specific task to acccomplish
Measurable: how long, how much time, effort, & financials i need
Attainable: reasonable chance to attain or achieve it
Relevant: it's related and relevant directly to my goal scope
Trackable: i can track or check potential milestones along the way that allows me & others to recognize progress & problems

Gypsilon said...

Hello Jovin

Thank you for your interesting sample. Indeed there are multiple GOAL-setting possibilities which matches with the synonym: SMART. Once again THX! ;)

Best,

Harry