Monday 7 July 2008

Water ski & facing the reality

Dear all,

My last weekend @ Fabienne’s place really helped me to get a little more distance from my momentary situation. I ate twice delicious dinner and learned to water ski. The longer it takes time till I can start with my new job, the longer it takes to get clear with my days. In the beginning of my cancellation period I looked forward on things and all in all I had a positive view on things around me. Right now I’m just living each day as it comes. I guess you may say: I’m living for the moment!

The challenge with this is to know that with 99% I can start a new job opportunity in August, but on the other side I need to survive till I can start. I further think that my silly projects I started along the way with two of my friends in fact aren’t profitable. –Also to face this fact doesn’t really motivate me to take a positive view on my situation. It’s always quite hard to admit the hard fact, that all your strengthen you’ve invested in the last months are of no earthly use!

But before I feel sorry for myself I want to come back on my last weekend. On Friday we went dining at Fabienne’s place. Her mother made a tomato risotto with a spice chicken. On Saturday we went to a (dogs-) farm to look for a pup for Fabienne’s godmother. As you can see on the 2nd pic we also saw newborn pup. Really very cute! Than we actually started to discuss if we’re going home (to me) or we want to stay there. Than we found by coincidence the best compromise! Her brother called us and asked if we’re still at their home, because he’d like to go out on the lake with their boat and if we want we could go out later for dinner in a restaurant by the lake with him. Of course we approved! Than out on the lake her brother asked me if I want to water ski. And guess what a daredevil like me answered, even if I never went water-skiing … ‘YES’! It has been fun! Already after some tries I could stand on the water (-even if it has been shaky, but at least I could… ;-). But the falling on the water by my first tries took away many energy so after some times we stopped again and prepared ourselves for the dinner at the restaurant… After this eventful afternoon and evening we drove home to my place again, where we chilled all night long. So enclosed of this layer here: “Many thanks to Remo and Fabienne for this weekend. It was a doozie!”

Today I face again my small world. A world full of challenges, suffering and hoping on God’s help! I’m ensured that by August I can start my new job. On the other hand, I just can’t come along with the recovery office. My taxes two years ago smashed right back to my face! Someday I’ll have to accept that it is much more painful not to register his taxes, than to fill out these forms. But I’ve been stack up with so many other things, that I neglected my main-duties. So here I received my receipt! At least I could talk with the department for an agreed payment term. They even told me, that I made the right decision. Because if I wouldn’t have come, they would have came to my place and would have made an attachment on my movables! –I at least belong to the group of people that are answering for their failure! “D’oh!” At least once again I could survive the worst by take the responsibility!
But it’s nothing else than a pain in the ass!

I learned all the stuff for success and managing my money! I even studied economics and passed with a degree of a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) in the ranking (3.). But I’m still not getting out of mess. There’s a saying which all of us know: “It’s a difference of knowing something or doing what you know!” Somehow I belong to the group of people, which can’t put their knowledge into practice. –This is probably the one single thing I need to fulfil by the next days! I believe it’s the one and only goal for this week! This week I’ll take advantage of this deficit. I need to learn how to put my knowledge into practice!

How shall I start? Where do I start?
Shall I refresh the old knowledge or shall I start with a complete new strategy?
Which kind of resources shall I need for this operation?

That sounds good!
I’ll name it operation: “Mindfuck”
(Applied knowledge turns into HTH’s life!)

Today’s motto: Not because it’s challenging, we don’t risk, but because we not risk, it’s challenging! Seneca

No comments: