Wednesday 8 October 2008

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night!

Hellomotto

Again some days/weeks have past by and in the meantime I can see again light and the end of the tunnel. A great Swiss Bank is interested in my application and another fund-company as well. The good thing is, my mandate seems to pay me finally and so my income can still hold me over water till a substantial company will accept me as a new staff. Thanks God!

Unfortunately one of my best friends has been taken to the funny house (again). I’ve visited him and yeah, he’s basket case! These shitty – stupid drugs! Actually he’s a genius – no joke! He writes books, poems and is composer for any kind of music between classic to modern and over jazz. But because he didn’t have a compensation at the end of the day, he started to consume drugs – every fuck’ kind of drugs! As he said, to cool down after a hard day (which is an excuse - there are other possibilities)! So finally he said once again, that he’s lucky to have me, because I’m one out of many, who he can talk with.

I gave him a bible and told him: “Markus, as you know, we both have read hundreds of books. With the time, you start to read the first chapter and you already know the end of the story. I read books from physics, like the super-string theory, up to Hamlet of William Shakespeare, but there’s one book – the one in your hand - that still is challenging me every time I read it. If you’re similar mindset like I am take the challenge and try it!” At least he said he would.

Also one of my family is quite intelligent, but kind of stupid with his life. I can’t, nor want to tell you who, but as it looks like, he also spends more time with his drug-addicted friends, than with his social environment like his family or like spending time in searching for a job. He not even wants to search for one, because he says that searching for a job is for poofs… But the guy I’m talking about isn’t that far like Markus, my friend mentioned the chapter before. (He at least accepted, that he’s in need of help)
The guy I’m talking about has got the feeling, that he’s got everything under control. –And he’s that narcistic, that he doesn’t hear on that, what people tell him. I actually still believe that he could have all under control, but he should proof it! Talking is cheep! I want to see facts! But I’m not in the position to tell him anything, because I already know his arguments. –I need to show him a better way, -if I can’t, I’m not any further than him.

I could scream and tear my hair out! With all these things conflicting me, I just can’t do anything else than stay calm. Somehow I’ve got the feeling, if I wouldn’t, no one else would around my environment. But I see again the good sides. I look upon things. I’ve also got problems, but I didn’t, or better never give up myself. If you’re tired to fight, look at the things you’re fighting for!

A phrase at the end of this post I adapted from the movie “Revolver”:

“You can just get smarter, by playing a smarter opponent!”

“You can always find a good opponent on the very last place you’d ever look!” (…Yourself…)

Today’s motto: After the event, even a fool is wise. Homer

No comments: