Friday 14 December 2007

Busy days are peanuts! ;)

Hi Folks,

Munich was terrific. Once the new stadium and once the lobby of my hotel, where I have been, you may find on the pix right.

Let me give you a short ‘picture’ of my last two days:

Thursday morning I had the first customer-meeting at 9.00 a.m. After this appointment I visited another customer at 10.45 a.m. And from that one, I had to go home to eat and take with my luggage to the journey to Munich. Meet my coworker at the main station in Zurich at 1.16 p.m. for the train to Munich. (-First Class) J

On the run the train had a defect and we delayed 30 minutes. In the meantime, I wrote back my unanswered mails to make the best use of time. I made different calls to customer and my brokers, while the other employee started to curse me at the same time. (I love special kind of challenges) ;-)

We arrived finally Munich after 5,30h tour. Than we have been brought to the hotel with a “Taxi”, had just 30 Minutes to change our clothes and flied to the business-dinner. On the one side, I enjoyed the party, it was like a grand family and on the other side, I just found it suboptimal. Every second clerk came to me and started a conversation like:

Clerk: “Where are you from?”

Me: “Switzerland

Clerk: “What are you doing? What is your position?”

Me: “I’m something like the extended arm in the market of our sales team. I’m Research and PR Manager.”

Clerk: “Oh do you know Mr. ***** ******?”

Me: “Yes, I do!”

Clerk: “Such an arrogant asshole! No?!”

Me: “Well, he’s my boss, what do you expect me to tell you?”

Clerk: “Nothing! I know he is an arrogant asshole!”

…End…

And now I just ask another question to you!

If every second person comes to you, asks you, if you know your own boss and what an asshole he is, how would you find this?

Friday morning very early I decided to go back to the hotel. Lucky me, my favorite colleague accompanied the way back at 2.00 a.m. Unfortunately he’ll leave our house end of January 2008!

At 8.30 our CEO wanted to call me actually, but however, he didn’t. And again however, I stood up earlier, because at 9.00 I had a prospect at the hotel waiting for me. You should have seen or pictured the eyes of the coworkers. It was very funny to see them gawking at me. Like if they wanted to tell me: “Freak (out)! On the day after the X-mas dinner you invite the customer to the lobby! You’re fuck’ nutz!”

Well how couldn’t I? –The amount is 5 Mio. Euro! But the storyline is that this guy even drove me home! He anyway had to go to Zurich, so he gave me a lift. We could use the time, to discuss his case. He was very happy, as I still invited him to my flat for a coffee. “That’s the least you could have done.” I thought by myself, because we drove without queuing or other incidences. Finally we arrives Zurich half an hour earlier, than expected and had another time gap. Than his meeting was near and he left, just good enough that I could make me some instant noodles to eat, before my next appointment started.

In the meeting the guy gave me quite a compliment after around one hour. He looked at me and asked me: “What have you learned Mr. Holzer? What is your background? You are very keen on this matter!” I explained him that I just studied economics, but in fact I had in the last few months many similar projects on the table. And this meeting took so much time, that I finally postponed the next meeting to Monday!

Now, back at home I wait for Roger, my bro’! But he’s caught up in a traffic jam. Later Fabienne will still come here and than I got again full house.

I find me in the last days again more pushy and focused. I see things critical and positive. It’s like if I would have got more clearance in life right now, than I had it some days ago.

So guys, I wish you a nice weekend.

Today’s motto: The two things that people want more than sex or money are recognition and praise. Mary Kay Ash

No comments: