Monday 25 February 2008

Where do we stand?


Hi guys!

Again some days passed by and I’m just a bit further with my salary negotiation. My boss gave me his okay over my new position as a Key Account Manager. On the other hand, he decreased my salary again down with 10k bucks a year. Further he screwed up the target from 8 MM to 10 MM revenue a year (what not even himself reaches) and pushed up the margin target from 360k up now to 1 MM a year (what he just reached by gouging our customers). Commission 5% instead of 8% what’s usual for our company. So in the end, I finally incorporate our CEO to handle that with my boss. I don’t know, what you guys think about, but for me it shows very clear his character – bottom line: This guy isn’t reliable! I even think, that he’s getting more stressed about a new competitor, than he actually should concentrate on terms like: “How will our team work out the estimated targets including Harry!” But his question is: “How can I thwart Harry in that way, that in latest one year he won’t be an issue!”

As my mentor René told me this morning, I shouldn’t relay too much on this guy or on our company. He says I shall just look now toward the possibilities he offers me and we’ll make ASAP a deal together so I may leave my momentary employer. Even if they’d fire me, René says I’m still better served, because in this case I can focus on the cases which pushes me toward and our social network would even pay me 70% of my last salary for the next 18 months out. So if I can see clearly my own situation, I really can’t loose anything. I also gain more and more offers from other companies which want to pay me an upright salary if I go way from here. But my loyalty is still built on the super product we’ve got and all other clerks around here which really wants me. My friends are top/down from the CFO till down to the back office.

Another issue what also pricks on my nerves is one of my private projects (one of those deals, which when it would work out, would give me a substantial income…). One of the members started to play his dirty little game. In other words, he turned us his bottom and wants now to work on his own – letting the team just standing in the rain. But as I was expecting something like this, so I included an assurance for myself. –Well this guy is still very young. Honestly he remembers me at my own. When I was in his age, I tried hardly to go a successful way even if others where pointing against me. I know his situation and do know that he just tries to survive. But in the end it will be a simple decision over his coming future. The only decision that counts at his position is:

  • Am I true blue on my rulez and am I willing to bear the price?

If the answer is ‘yes’, do it! But never forget from where you come! If you loose your livelihood, you loose the ground under your feet. And in case you fall, there will be no one there to catch you!

For my own mood I can tell you, that in the meantime I’m very calm! I got offers from other companies if my employer won’t like to pay for my services, I’ll choose the one where I got the most profit – not only cash meant.

Today’s motto: What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog. Dwight D. Eisenhower

No comments: