Thursday 13 March 2008

Fired! (please read also former post)

Ciao peoples

This morning has been really very, as you say in the UK: “Fuckin’ Funny!”

I went to the office to do my job. I knew that my boss wanted to talk with me. As I entered his office he was very enjoyable. I didn’t think any bad thing as he finally opened the chat.

“Harry, you’re fired!”

I just hard swallowed. Asked for the reason and he looked at me like he first had to study what to say. Than he started, that I didn’t meet the target (well I did, but not the way as he wanted – not for him – for our company), the trust between me and the company is destroyed and not repairable (In fact it’s just between him and me) and finally he concluded I didn’t do my job! (As in my contract stands, there are urgent cases, where I can be used for other duties – and our CEO told me, I shall concentrate on winning deals in the market and shouldn’t quibble with small shit.)

Now in the end, the situation is the following: Two of my supported projects may find now the finishing and very probable, the deals may be closed. The margin I would get, are finally falling into the downline of my boss. So I guess, he won, if he really can change it the way this morning by firing me! This is a completely new situation. I didn’t expect that our CEO would be that credulous and would change his opinion that easy or even that fast. My boss told me, that our CEO gave his blessing over my layoff. In the end, the facts show I’m without job! Crazy!! How come our CEO could write me less than one week ago, that he wants me to focus on winning deals and it shouldn’t be an issue to handle the differences between my boss and me. I can’t get it. Somehow any kind of case someone had to tell him a STORY, which he took for granted. But even then, he should be reliable and approach me to hear my storyline…

So, I just left the office and not even 15 minutes later my (ex-) boss announced my cancellation to our intranet. From then on, my phone kept on running and different emails dropped in. All kind of peoples want to ask me what happened. The only approach I can give is that not once I know what exactly happened. What shall I say? –It has been a surprise par excellence how shit happens. Now I can start to ask myself, if I overestimate myself. Or what did I do wrong? Or what ever question won’t bring me any further, just bringing me more down and depressed. I tell you guys, I won’t deny my reputation. I have plenty of co-workers, agents, brokers, customers who tell me how they appreciate my work and manners.

Just some minutes ago, the guy from a large private bank out here called me regarding our cooperation. –I told him what happened and he immediately cancelled the whole project. He told me, that he can’t accept a partner in their house, who layoffs a man like me with this kind of reasons. Later he offered me his network for my job-seeking! What an offer! Thank you!

What is left to do? I think the best would be, if I go through my network and see if there’s an outcome… and on the other hand, I guess some weeks now the best is just to get some distance to the whole case. ;-)

Today’s motto: For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.