Wednesday 21 November 2007

Why is success tricky?

Ciao tutti!

Yesterday evening I had a meeting with my project-group. As we where on to discuss our duties, we finally have seen, that we already have done more, than first expected. Really good, that I’m the project-leader, so I could organize the whole overview in shortest time! Of more than ten posts, we already are in the closure phase of four of them. In normal term, this kind of fulfillment would set in maybe just in the next two to three months, but two of our team made already much spadework. Thank you guys…

As well my business starts to move in a new hemisphere. During the meeting, one of my customers called me at almost 8 p.m.!!! He commit, that his business partners and himself decided, to give my 0.5% of the closure-amount of the whole deal as a provision. –Just like that! The only “if” is, that we still have to approve it! But I know that we wanted it already for such a long time… Now it looks like we could do it. So this kind of deal is anyway an exceptional one. And the earning with it is a very nice amount in the region of a deeper 6-digit number…

This morning I had a super nice experience as well. One of our customers called up and asked how far we’re with his query. In regard of it, he doesn’t think, that he can afford to take our money as it’s too expensive. So I asked him: “What do you mean with its too expensive?” Than he told me, that through our agent, the agent want’s an other 25% from the finance amount, we would give him. –First I thought he’s making jokes, but than I thought about the legality of it and unfortunately it’s allowed! –Shit, I thought first. But than my brilliance elegant solution came up! (Not that you think I’m getting slaphappy) I’m in need of the customer, but I’m also in need of this agent. How can I turn both content? Well the agent actually already receives a provision from our contract, but he wanted to earn both sides. A kind of unfair!

But the agent didn’t sign yet his agency agreement with us because he wanted still to make some changes, so what I did is the following: I went to our counsel and asked him, if before he sends out the agreement, he still could make a slightly change. I told him to add a new paragraph where it’s written, that our agents aren’t allowed to take (double) commission of our customers. And as our counsel said, it’s legal to insert such a paragraph.

Than I called the customer and told him, still to wait before signing our contract for the financing till the agent countersigned our agreement. In this case, the contract between our customer and our agent is null and void! :-D

I’m a fuck’ genius! *muahahahahaaaaa*

Well… -just kidding, but I’m really proud the way I could handle this strange issue. Now the customer is happy and will sign the contract with us and our agent can’t do anything else then be happy with the provision he already receives from us.

Today’s motto: Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

2 comments:

JoviN said...

it is true that imagination is more important than knowledge, but knowledge is power!!

Gypsilon said...

;-)) -No comment!-