Monday 6 August 2007

My vacations in Rhodos, Greece

Hellas!

First of all, I'm so sorry, I didn't write any post in my holidays. But I have had so many nice impressions and so many small trips there, that I just completely forgot my job and all other duties.

I'll try to make a little photostory on the next lines:

This was my checklist, before vacation. But as I had to experience, the best checklist doesn't help, if you don't write all itemizes!

Locally I had to buy plenty of creams, sunblockers, deos, etc...

And what I learned from this, is that it depends where you go to! Holidays by the beach don't demand the same things as if you go to the mountains ;-)
*AAAAAAhhhh*



Our first dinner in Rhodos, most of our members seems like tired and not in mood to go out on the first night.







Eye-catching one of the stores, that just sold alcohol. Anyway in Rhodos, it seams like everywhere the people just would drink alcohol and no other drinks, as for example softdrinks.

And specious was the beer has been more filled and cheeper than a bottle of coke! :o)



The harbor of Rhodos: on the backside you find also a castle of the Old-Town in Rhodos. Built before Middle ages and still stands completely there!

If you want to spend money without to having control, go there! ;-)
You have to be very hard-nosed, that in order not to get into a touristic-trap!

The architecture of Rhodos is very impressive. An ideal place for photographers or in architecture-interested persons.

And if you're an architect, so please go there and show those guys, how to create a functional parking! As you can see on this pic, they haven't got any idea.

One proof more, for the easy-going on this island! :-)


On this picture you see two reptiles communicate with each other :-))

- Just a joke! ;-)

It was just strange for us, to see in a vehicle-renting a salamander. Poor guy had to rest all day long in this very small cage. And to abet him, Fabienne did pet him a little...

Also our nightlife didn't come to short at last. We swing our hips till late into next morning. The only two places on the island, where you can make party is either in Faliraki (Touristic pollution granted) or in Rhodos - City at the Barstreet, where we have been.

Not only our ladies had fun, but somehow, our male members have been to blotto... :-))





Here other shots of the old architecture of the Old-Town in Rhodos - City.

In between of all those old monuments, plenty of shops have settled down. And now you have to give attention, that you won't loose too much money in this place (Old-Town).

The mosaik-picture has been build around year zero! And was just one of lots of such in the castle on the right picture!

It's an ideal place for culture-trips! As I said, I had so many attractions around me, that I forgot all other things and duties. :-D

Food and me, two components, that really found together in Rhodos. If you really want to eat good mediterrane cuisine, this island will be the right place for you.
On the left you find a greek-mix-plate, on the right, you see a mixed swiss-pinoy full of greek-mixed-plate... 8-)

So, these are the first pix of our vacations. Probabely, there will follow more of them in the following post for the next day's.

Today's motto (as well in my work today!): Don't bury your head in the sand! Use the time to get things changed!

No comments: