Thursday 4 October 2007

Finally got back to write

Hellooooo!

Tuesday I've been in Bern for the umbrella-organization-meeting. I have had a good impression about the realization of their project. And after more than 90 minutes, our understandig really seemed matched. The other guy knows now exactly, what he has to give us. And we know now finally, how they want to go on. And after all, we would have the possibility, to make a deal with them. But, they're very slow, in finding a desicion! End 2007 they're gonna tell me if yes or no! In the meantime, I've to send our concept to their expert at the university of Luzern.

Yesterday, I really had once again a droll experience. One, I maybe not have needed. As I was on the way to work, I just gear up to enter the highway. After half a kilometer, I saw from the front of my car, that byside of the weels, smog appeared! I looked into the driving mirror, and saw behind of me a huuuuuuge cloud of smoke! I saw cars draw aside! And I thought by myself: "Oh shoot! What to fuck is it??? If my car burns, I better not break down. Because I know, that fire always spreads, as soon you stand still. -I have to run down the engine!"

Than, as the car stood still, all over smog came out. So I left my car and took out the most important things.

I saw the trace I left behind. Went to it, took some liquid up and smelled a disgusting bland smell. -It has been water. So now I knew, that my cooling water run out. That the smog hasn't been something else than damp. I opened the hood and saw all over splashed dripping. And here the punchline comes.

As I called the roadhelp, I told them following:
ME:"Hi, my name is Harry Holzer, I'm after the exit 'Brunau' to direction 'Leimbach'. After the exit I'm about 200 meters lag. May you please send me someone ASAP. Smog apears out of the engine."
Roadhelp-Lady: "If you've got smog comm' out, you better alarm the fire department!"
ME: "Well I don't know if it's need, -why, how long does it take your guy to be here?"
Roadhelp-Lady: "May I please have your member-number?"
ME: "Why? Does it take longer, when I'm not a member???"
Roadhelp-Lady: "No, but than we would have already all your coordinates!"
ME: "I don't know, if I'm member. I had already beginning this year a problem. I left my keys in the car, and one of your guys told me, that after using once your services, you're automaticly member for one year."
Roadhelp-Lady: "Ahm, I need the number!"
ME: "Excuse me!? I haven't got a clue, if I'm a member or not! But I see my car seems like burning, would you please send one here!"
Roadhelp-Lady: "Yeah, in a instant. Please wait about 45 minutes..."
ME: "45 minutes??? My car is full of smog comm' out and you tell me, I shall wait 45 minutes???"
Roadhelp-Lady: "Thank you for calling us, have a nice day!"...
... and hang-up!!!!

Well that was the first superbad..., but it still comes better...
... after one hour the other guy came finally. And if you can imagine a guy, say average hight, normal shape, a face, where every empty frigo looks smarter and an on going like a slimy scumbag.

He began like: "Are you the guy, that has called up?"
I would have wanted to yell at him, if he may point me out an other car next to me, having a mishap, but I just answered with 'yesss'.
Than he went to the hood, like for this small shit I've forced him to come. He said, that my cooling water run out. The tube would be defect. -Oh wonder, wonder... !

He changed the tube and in the meantime, he talked and talked and I just tried to be polite, and he just run on and on... therms like: If I have to make this on facture, it will be 20 bucks more expensive. I told him, well it's the only way how I may pay him. Because in the moment, I've just got 100 bucks with me. How much would it cost? And he like astonished 'what???', if I don't know, that a 100 bucks won't be enough for his work... and blablabla... so finally he finished and told me, I should ASAP go to my mechanic, I got a repair of about 500 bucks. He just repaired it temporary! (For more than 169.- CHF)

So I went to the mechanic and he told me, that all is okay, he just has to exchange a cable - that's it!
Lucky me... :-)

Than later on same day, I had a business-meeting with a prospect in one of the top three fancy-hotels round the lake of Zurich. Called 'Baur au lac'. I could win him as a customer! He'll make the deal of more than 14Mio. with us! We just have to accept his accounts. *smile*

So far, that has been all in the past days.

Today's motto: Foolery is infectious, comprehension's growth is hardly turning into an epidemic!
Kazimierz Bartoszewicz

No comments: